Friday, February 14, 2014

Obvious or not, the wind fights a rock.



Air and stone

      For millennium, the magic stone sat upon the mountaintops raised high above the valleys of flowers and fruits. So began my story, as it has been told by many tongues. Caressed by the wind, coated in ethereal plants, and exposed to enchanted rays of the early suns, this rock became pregnant. After a particularly long period of pregnancy ( several decades), a stone egg the size of a ball emerged. Years went by as the rock grew in size, looking down upon the western island jungles. One day, cracks formed in the stone, and they widened quickly. Soon the rock shattered, and out of the rubble came a most curious creature. Case you don't already get the obvious hints, the creature is me. So anyways I swaggered out, and sat down and looked up at the sky. Only the Jade Emperor knows how long I stared at the sky, but as I looked over yonder his royal majesty was disturbed. Why was he disturbed? Because my eyes were glowing golden, and their light was brighter than the sun.So yes, that's how baby monkey demons are made. The battle here is rather too greatly symbolic for my tastes. You see, I was destined to follow my so called 'Parents' footsteps, either as stone, a statue chiseled out of rock, that or become like the wind, being swift and laughing. I thought about it for some time, but in the end I chose to be more like 'dad'(who wants to sit for all eternity as a star-gazer? Not me.). After I stood up and began to explore, I lost my golden touch, and was like any other normal monkey... demon. So I went on to prove myself to other apes and in conquering their trials, I became their righteous ruler.First I proved my bravery by leaping off a waterfall, second I proving my strength by defeating some trials. Then of course trying times, and struggles, blah blah blah blah. Actually becoming the Monkey King was the easy part, now keeping the throne? That is and was hard.All this awesomeness was merely too much for the monkeys, so they made me their king.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CwF3xKjz9vJ7ZWkEnEZbiXCOfgjFpXTol2jzWt2JC9s/edit#slide=id.p

No comments:

Post a Comment