Monday, February 10, 2014

The vast array of characters incurred by the stroke of the historians pen. Basically, me, a rock, a messenger, and the ruler of the universe.



Characters in the tale 

      Now, this story doesn't exactly have a large amount of complex characters, but it does have a few. Firstly, since the tale centers around me I am obviously present. Should you mere mortals be unaware of my magnanimous repute and great titles, then I'd be the Monkey King(he who is aware of the void). So in general summary we have Me, my mother (a glowing rock of magic and happy sunshine(no really, she is)), my father(the winds), the Jade emperor in all his talk of "being the greatest being in the universe and stuff", as well as his attendant court. There are references to some of the heavenly messengers,scholars, and star-watchers as well. Otherwise, these few characters occupy the lofty position of being present in the tale of my birth. Should it not be clear as to what this tale is, wait and you shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment